To apply for open positions, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com or fax to (612) 305-4770.
Due to construction, we are not taking students for practicum experience in 2014.
Job Purpose: Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers. This individual will be under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer. Other duties include all aspects of the accounting and general ledger duties and special projects as assigned by the CFO.
- Participates in month end close and general ledger maintenance and analysis. Accountable for monthly audits of general ledger and subsidiary ledger reconciliation. Analyzes, verifies and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records. Analyzes, investigates and corrects accounting entries as needed. Performs reconciliation of complex transactions.
- Accountable for reporting and preparing invoices for all grants.
- Assists CFO with projections and audits, business plan analysis, development of business models.
- Provide appropriate documentation or other support needed for the annual audit.
- Maintain, analyze and update major property and inventory and depreciation.
- Accountable for daily cash management and cash analysis. Perform recording and monitoring of cash receipts, reconciliation of bank statements and cash transfers.
- Review bi-weekly payroll for accuracy and prepare journal entry and enter into accounting system.
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budget and entry into accounting system.
- Organize and maintain monthly Financial Statement Information binder.
Experience and Education:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Full charge accounting experience preferred
- Proficient in Word and various accounting software required
- Advanced Excel and Access capabilities desired
- Demonstrated analytical abilities required
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports preferred
- Experience in Healthcare of Nonprofit setting a plus.
Job Purpose: The Navigator will assist patients and clients in enrolling into state funded insurance programs by utilizing the principles of case management. In addition, the navigator provides outreach in the People’s Center Health Services service area.
Experience and Education:
- BSW degree preferred but will accept AA degree with two years social work experience; bilingual in English and Liberian
- Strong computer expertise
- Strong research, data management, and statistical evaluation experience
- One year of facilitation and case management experience
- Experience working with culturally diverse and low-income populations